Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: DAILY TASK LIST demo

DAILY TASK LIST demo 1 year 2 weeks ago #226

• Shantaram
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi, I,ve been trying to use the demo, but it doesn't seem to be working for me. When logged in, I could add a Category, but not a Checklist of tasks in the Category.

Am I misunderstanding the extension altogether?
What I expected is really a nested list.

So the first page would display something like:
1. Category One This is Category 1.
2, Category Two That is Category 2.

and if I selected Category 1, I would be able to create a list of tasks in that category
1. Task One This is Task 1 in Category 1.
2. Task Two This is Task 2 in Category 1.
3. Task Three This is Task 3 in Category 1.
... etc.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

DAILY TASK LIST demo 1 year 2 weeks ago #227

• mridul
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 9
Hi Shantaram
I did not get if you wanted nested list from frontend or admin panel. as far as i got you want to list two categories in a frontend page and when clicked on a category then all tasks under that category displayed and you also want to add tasks there. But this way it not working right now.

This is how category tasks works -
1. From admin panel you can create unlimited categories and add unlimited tasks under any category. Then you can create any menu page and select category to display all tasks under that category in frontend
2. At frontend when any user views that menu page, they can see all tasks under that category and if logged in they can only mark complete/incomplete to any task which you can track from admin panel that which user marked complete/incomplete to which task under the category.
So in this way you can create many frontend pages to display tasks under many categories for your users.

Besides category tasks you can also add a page from admin panel where at frontend your each logged in user can add/edit/delete their own tasks independently.

If you still not clear, give it a try and contact me directly at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
If you like the product, provide a rating & review in respective extension/plugin directory

DAILY TASK LIST demo 1 year 2 weeks ago #228

• Shantaram
  • Fresh Boarder
Thanks mridul, that's great support, and it looks like this could really increase productivity. What I am really looking for though is something whether it can track activities to prove that procedures were followed when our operations are inspected.

So, some supplementary questions:
Q.1. Can I make it so that only higher level Users can see the Categories?
Q.2. In the Task list, is it possible to make a User comments column, for example if a colleague finds a deficiency?
Q.3. Are the results of the Tasks recorded by the day?
Q.4. Can a Category or a Task List be scheduled, so it only appears in the list on the day needed?

The last question is because many of our tasks are date related or weekly, rather than daily.

DAILY TASK LIST demo 1 year 2 weeks ago #229

• mridul
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 9
Hi
Thanks for your reply. here are your answers -
A.1. Yes. when you create category or task you can select access levels, look for "Access" dropdown box when you create category/task. So is your categories/tasks will be viewable at frontend only to those user groups/access levels you set.
A.2. in tasks list display under category user can only mark complete/incomplete, right now no comments box added.
A.3. Yes at admin panel you can view date when the task was marked complete/incomplete, you can sort by date.
A.4. although no schedule implemented right now but you can do it other ways, for example you can schedule menu page/category publish date so that those appears on that desired publish day.
If you like the product, provide a rating & review in respective extension/plugin directory
The following user(s) said Thank You: Shantaram
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.097 seconds