Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Closed Facebook Group not displaying

Closed Facebook Group not displaying 9 years 10 months ago #19

• toneee
  • Fresh Boarder
I successfully created a Facebook App and used your documentation to generate the Access Token. Although I have cache disabled, it is still showing the profile ID of the closed group, which I accidentally entered instead of the group name that was visible without any numbers. (The closed group was made in 2010 when Facebook first introduced the new Group product.)

Now the site is showing the wrong information. I can't tell whether this is because the group is closed or because the cache is broken. I have tried inputting 1 minute to clear cache and then making it blank again.

Please advise.

Thanks.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Closed Facebook Group not displaying 9 years 10 months ago #20

• toneee
  • Fresh Boarder
I played around and found that I misread the documentation. I viewed the source code and acquired the correct group_id and the plugin returned, "Call to Facebook API failed or no records returned. Make sure system requirements are met(look for the tab in settings page), facebook id and access token(check here) are correct. Finally, make sure there are no restrictions set in facebook page/group/profile settings comparing with other pages/groups for which feed display works." I assume this means the group cannot be closed, correct? Can I pay for customization so that it works with closed groups? (I also want to only show the first 4 letters of each member, but more on that later.)
Last Edit: 9 years 10 months ago by toneee. Reason: Highlight primary question

Closed Facebook Group not displaying 9 years 10 months ago #21

• mridul
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 9
Hello
It's not possible to display closed/secret group feed using app access token because of privacy. So you will need user access token, and token generator should be admin/member of that group. To get user access token use this token generation page extensions.techhelpsource.com/access-token-wp which was for old wordpress plugin version 1.0.

please communicate by email for other requirements.
If you like the product, provide a rating & review in respective extension/plugin directory
The following user(s) said Thank You: toneee

Closed Facebook Group not displaying 9 years 9 months ago #30

• toneee
  • Fresh Boarder
This plugin just magically stopped working. :( I've tried w/ multiple a number of groups.
Attachments:

Closed Facebook Group not displaying 9 years 9 months ago #32

• mridul
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 9
As i saw in your website, individual items of posts are unchecked either in post layout settings or via shortcodes so is only showing post icons. so check or include those settings.
If you like the product, provide a rating & review in respective extension/plugin directory

Closed Facebook Group not displaying 9 years 8 months ago #35

• toneee
  • Fresh Boarder
Well, I recently changed my FB password and the site now generates "Error validating access token: The session has been invalidated because the user has changed the password."

I tried the above method again using the link you provided, but after successfully initializing the Facebook SDK, your popup generates an error that states, "Invalid App ID: " followed by my personal Facebook UID.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.151 seconds