Create twitter application and keys -
Login to your twitter account. Then go to this page - https://apps.twitter.com/. Click 'Create new app'. Following page will appear as shown in image below. enter all fields except Callback url, then check 'yes i agree' check box and click 'Create your twitter application' button.
you will get application generation success message and application details tab.
There click 'API keys' tab and you will see api key and secret codes as shown at the top of the image below. At bottom click 'Create my access token' button and your access token and token secret codes will be created after some time by refreshing the page if needed As shown finally in the image below -
copy that 'API key' value and put in 'Consumer key' box in plugin 'general settings' tab in tweet plugin settings page. In the same way -
copy 'API secret' value into 'Consumer secret' box in tweet plugin general settings tab,
copy 'Access token' value in 'Access token' box in tweet plugin general settings tab,
copy 'Access token secret' value in 'Access secret' box in tweet plugin general settings tab and save plugin settings.
Configure plugin settings to display tweets -
1. In plugin's general settings tab in settings page, select either "tweets" or "tweet slide" by the setting "Select tweet display view" to display tweets normally with scroll or as sliding of tweets.
2. Also select for "Get tweets from" to display tweets from a user or hashtag or search string.
3. Acoording to that selection above enter your twitter username or hashtag or search string in the corresponding setting input box( twitter user name, hashtag(excluding #), search string )
4. Rest of the settings are relating with layuout/general settings of tweet display.
5. "Slide view settings" tab are for customizing tweet slide display